Saturday, July 18, 2009

home

We are on our way home now. We are now in eastern Tennessee. Our last stop was in the Shenandoah Valley, where we said goodbye to Todd and his family as they left to go home too. Monticello has a new visitor center with lots of hands-on stuff for kids. The adults had to make the kids leave. Why didn't they make museums like that when we were kids? Incredible to see how intelligent Jefferson was.

I just published my 7/13 blog because I wanted to attach a photo that Suzy had taken of Collin and William posed after a Civil War reenactment at Frederickburg. However, we stayed too busy to ever have a spare moment to connect her camera with my computer. (Our camera is not working properly.)

We have had rain the last two days. We are trying to bring it home with us.

We probably won't make it all the way through Tennessee today. We are all too tired to drive 400 miles.

1 comment:

  1. Hmm...I'm trying to imagine what kind of "hands-on" stuff could be at Monticello ...nickel slots? Get your camera fixed and shoot me a photo for my "Summertime Scenes" on WTTW. Have fun in Kentucky and drive safe.

    ReplyDelete